Insel Games takes the protection of your privacy seriously. This is why we inform you which of your data is collected while using our services and why we process and use it.
The controller as defined in the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) is Insel Games Ltd.,
No. 9, Triq il-Lumija, San Gwann, SGN 2621, Malta, represented by Patrick Streppel.
You can contact Patrick Streppel at any time if you have any questions about data protection. You can reach us:
– By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Private and confidential
Insel Games Ltd.
No. 9, Triq il-Lumija
San Gwann, SGN 2621, Malta
Please note that he does not provide game support, and will ignore any support-related questions. Please direct any questions about game content and rules, orders and so on to our customer support team.
TYPE AND SCOPE OF THE COLLECTED DATA
- As part of the use of our services, we initially collect such data as is required to perform the contract of use concluded between you and Insel Games Ltd. This includes data that you supply to us actively. Such data includes, in particular, the content of messages, notifications and support tickets that you send to us, as well as the data you supply to us during your registration and later when using our services. The type of data requested may vary for each service. However, it is generally limited to your e-mail address, an account name (please also see the section „Aliases“) and a password.
- Please also note that in several of our services you may optionally supply additional information to further personalize your account, such as your name, hobbies or date of birth. This is information you supply voluntarily, and which you may omit at any time.
- Insofar as we obtain your consent to collect, process and use data as part of our offer (for example, so that you can receive newsletters or enter competitions), we will additionally store the date, time of day and IP address of said consent in order to furnish evidence as required by law.
- Website analysis
- As part of the use of our services, we also collect data from your visits to our website for statistical purposes (hereinafter: „statistical data“). Our services use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. („Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, which are text files that are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your usage of the services. The information that a cookie generates on your usage of our services is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, as IP anonymization is activated in our services, Google truncates your IP address within Member States of the European Union and other Contracting States of the European Economic Area Agreement. The full IP address will only be transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and then truncated there in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on our behalf to analyze your use of the services in order to compile reports about website activity and to render additional services to us involving use of the website and Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser for Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google. You may prevent the storage of cookies by configuring your browser software; however, we would like to point out that if you do so, you may no longer be able to fully utilize all functions of our services. You may also prevent the transmission of the data on your usage of the services (including your IP address) by the cookie to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- As part of statistical analyses, in parts of our Internet offers we also collect data on your operating system and operating system version, browser and browser version, IP address and other system information. We use this data for statistical analyses; in particular in order to better adapt our Internet offers to user requirements. However, in these cases we collect strictly anonymized data that cannot be linked to your person.
- We also utilize cookies to design our services so they are easy to use. In this case, they are intended to store the pages you have visited and your settings. We automatically delete any cookies we have placed once you leave our services.
- You may object to the generation of cookies by deactivating cookies in your browser settings. However, please note that these cookies are a technical requirement in order to fully use our services. By deactivating cookies, you will be unable to use key parts of our services.
- Social networks
- We also provide you with the option to link individual pieces of content on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ when you use our services. To do so, you must activate the desired function explicitly. Please note that when using these functions, data connections may be established between you and Facebook, Twitter or Google+ in each case, and cookies may be generated by those providers. Only the providers themselves can control whether personal information is stored or transmitted, and if so to which extent. Please observe the privacy policies of the providers in these cases. If you do not agree, please do not activate the respective functions.
- Technical log data
- Our servers also store log data — so-called log files. They contain detailed information on access to the services. In addition to the IP address, the technical conditions of usage are recorded. We utilize this data exclusively to resolve technical issues and to prevent any hacker attacks and similar incidents. The data is stored for no more than 7 days and then deleted automatically. We review the data only to prevent such incidents.
- Payment information
- We also collect the data required to perform payment transactions.
PROCESSING OF DATA
The data collected is stored on European servers. The data is protected by appropriate technical safeguards. Your passwords are stored in our databases in an encrypted form. All employees involved in processing the data are bound to secrecy and have personally been trained by the data protection officer in the provisions of the German Federal Data Protection Act.
FORWARDING OF DATA
Your data will only be forwarded if this is necessary in order to fulfill contractual provision. In particular, we warrant that we will not sell your data to third parties. However, we reserve the right to sell outstanding claims to third parties.
USAGE OF DATA
The data obtained from cookies is utilized on the one hand to technically implement our offer, and on the other to tailor our offer to the requirements of our users. However, unless otherwise required in individual cases for technical implementation, we will anonymize this data and the web analysis data as quickly as possible following collection, thereafter making it impossible to establish a link to your person.
We utilize payment data to perform your desired payment transaction.
DELETION OF DATA
We delete all data on an automated basis once it has served its purpose if no other reason to store it is stipulated by law or the contract. If you wish to delete information yourself, you can generally accomplish this by deleting your account. If the game in question does not provide an automated deletion, or if you have any questions about deletion, our customer support team will be happy to help you.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw it at any time without stating a reason, effective for the future. To do so, please contact customer support. Alternatively, you may also contact our data protection officer. You will not incur any further costs beyond the transmission of your request by doing so.
With the exception of some payment services that require you to supply your name (such as payment by credit card), you may participate in all our offers without giving your name. We recommend that you use an alias in order to avoid disclosing your real name to other users and our staff.
For security reasons, we advise that you do not use passwords that are short or easy to guess. We strongly recommend that you use passwords which have at least 8 characters and consist of letters, numbers and special characters. We also recommend that you avoid using the same passwords across multiple services, and that you change passwords periodically, at least every 90 days.